Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Cynthia Toronto Tribute, Friday, November 13 at 7 p.m.









Cynthia Toronto was an amazing friend, as well as a multi-talented, caring, and cultured person. She would set the stage on fire with her performance poetry. It was an honor to have her feature for my Brownstone Poets Reading Series. 

I moved to Bensonhurst in June 2014 and Cynthia would have loved to have seen my new place. But due to her health and packing for her move to California, it was impossible for her to visit. She would have loved my new digs more than my former residence in Flushing, Queens. 

Cynthia was the kind of friend who didn’t mind traveling the extra distance to visit me in Flushing. She was so kind to join me at Flushing Manor Nursing Home to say hello to my Mom.


I miss Cynthia and appreciate the time I’ve spent with her. Friendship is a gift—its value will never tarnish with time.  

I hope you can join us for this beautiful tribute for this awesome spitfire and multi-talented redhead:



STARK REALITY OPEN MIC
presents
A TRIBUTE TO
CYNTHIA TORONTO 
@ THE ROYAL THEATRE
THE PRODUCER'S CLUB


FRIDAY,
NOVEMBER 13th
7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
7:00 SIGN UP

A TRIBUTE TO CYNTHIA TORONTO, 
the amazing POET/TEACHER/ACTRESS/WRITER
PERFORMANCE ARTIST!

Hosted by Patricia Carragon, Viviana Grell and Ronnie Norpel
Special guests plus an open mic!






STARK REALITY OPEN MIC@



ROYAL THEATRE @ THE
THE PRODUCER'S CLUB,
358 W. 44th St., NYC 10036
(between 8th and 9th ave.)
SUBWAYS: 1, 2, 3, 7, A, E, C, N, R, S, Q to TIMES SQUARE

(646) 270-8824

7:00 p.m.  SIGN UP 


POETS, MUSICIANS, SPOKEN WORD ARTISTS, PERFRORMANCE ARTISTS, 
BRING YOUR WORDS, SONGS, MEMORIES, STORIES 
FOR THIS SPECIAL NIGHT!

2 comments:

  1. In the mid-1990's I took a class Cynthia taught on "performance art/improve". What an amazing 6 weeks! The biggest tip was - when you decide to do something DIVE in and don't hesitate, no matter how absurd, balls to the wall, or the audience will sense it & you'll BOMB. Sage advice

    ReplyDelete
  2. My comment is above, too. Cynthia was ALWAYS fun & outrageous, accepting, zany, colorful & had the funniest stories! I just recently found out she passed. I'm SO sorry about it. She was a feel good person & I never saw a bad performance. NEVER! Warmest Wishes, Cynthia.. Victoria Locke

    ReplyDelete